What is an Emergency?
How to Report it?
The following are not emergencies and can be reported during business hours for assistance or may require you to take your own action:
- Neighbors making noise – call City of Edmonton Noise Bylaw at 311
- Dogs barking or being off leash – call City of Edmonton at 311
- Neighbors fighting – call Edmonton Police at 780-423-4567
- Elevators not working, but no one stuck – we will send service but not on an emergency call
- Keys to your unit not working – call a locksmith
- Lights in your unit not working or breaker tripped
- Light bulbs to be changed in hallways/common areas
- Common area doors closing loudly
- Appliances not working – we do not repair appliances
- Fire, Medical or Police related emergencies; call 911, then contact us.
There are several types of emergencies that can occur in your home or your community. However, not everything is an emergency. Below are the top 4 critical emergencies and how you can report them.
A FIRE emergency may consist of the following:
- A burning smell in your house but you’re not sure where it’s coming from.
- You see or smell what looks like a fire in a neighboring Unit or on the Common Property.
- Smoke or flames coming from a mechanical, elevator or an electrical room.
- Fire alarms being activated, and the evacuation of the Building is required.
In any situation where a fire is suspected, stay calm and call 911 or the Fire Department BEFORE you contact Premiere Property Management Services at 780-756-2840.
A FLOOD emergency may consist of the following:
- Water entry into your unit from another unit or from Common Property.
- An uncontrolled water leak or broken pipe within your unit.
- A sewer backup inside your unit or from Common Property.
- Parking lot or parkade experiencing extensive water entry or sewer backup.
- A broken hot water heating line.
- A roof leak where a large amount of water is entering.
In any situation where a water emergency is suspected, stay calm and contact Premiere Property Management Services at 780-756-2840. We will require details of the event, please be prepared to provide the information to us.
An ELEVATOR emergency may consist of the following:
- A person is trapped inside an elevator car.
- You can hear people in the elevator calling for help.
- The elevator car is making loud noises such as grinding or banging sounds.
If an elevator emergency is occurring, stay calm and use the emergency phone inside the elevator car to call the elevator company. If you are not in the elevator car or the emergency phone is not working, contact Premiere Property Management Services at 780-756-2840.
An ELECTRICAL emergency may consist of the following:
- No power to the Common Property or onsite lighting.
- Evidence of burning electrical wires of plug ins.
- Breaker panel inside your Unit is extremely hot.
- Flickering lights or sparks in your breaker panel.
If an electrical emergency is occurring with extreme heat, smoke or flames, stay calm and call 911 BEFORE contacting Premiere Property Management Services at 780-756-2840.