The following are not emergencies and can be reported during business hours for assistance or may require you to take your own action
Elevators not working, but no one stuck – we will send service
Keys to your unit not working – call a locksmith
Lights in your unit not working or breaker tripped
Light bulbs to be changed in hallways/common areas
Common area doors closing loudly
There are several types of emergencies that can occur in your home or your community. However, not everything is an emergency. Below are the top 4 critical emergencies and how you can report them.
A FIRE emergency may consist of the following:
- A burning smell in your house, but you’re not sure where it’s coming from.
- You see or smell what looks like a fire in a neighbouring Unit or on the Common Property.
- Smoke or flames coming from a mechanical, elevator or electrical room.
- Fire alarms are being activated, and the evacuation of the building is required.
In any situation where a fire is suspected, stay calm and call 911 or the Fire Department BEFORE you contact Premiere Property Administrative Services at (780) 756-2840.
A FLOOD emergency may consist of the following:
- Water entry into your unit from another unit or from Common Property.
- An uncontrolled water leak or a broken pipe within your unit.
- A sewer backup inside your unit or from Common Property.
- Parking lot or parkade experiencing extensive water entry or a sewer backup.
- A broken hot water heating line.
- A roof leak where a large amount of water is entering.
In any situation where a water emergency is suspected, stay calm and contact Premiere Property Administrative Services at (780) 756-2840.We will require details of the event, please be prepared to provide the information to us.
An ELEVATOR emergency may consist of the following:
- A person is trapped inside an elevator car.
- You can hear people in the elevator calling for help.
- The elevator car is making loud noises such as grinding or banging sounds.
If an elevator emergency is occurring, stay calm and use the emergency phone inside the elevator car to call the elevator company. If you are not in the elevator car or the emergency phone is not working, contact Premiere Property Administrative Services at (780) 756-2840.
An ELECTRICAL emergency may consist of the following:
- No power to the Common Property or onsite lighting.
- An Evidence of burning electrical wires of plug ins.
- Breaker panel inside your Unit is extremely hot.
- Flickering lights or sparks in your breaker panel.
If an electrical emergency is occurring with extreme heat, smoke or flames, stay calm and call 911 BEFORE contacting Premiere Property Administrative Services at (780) 756-2840.